I. Welcome to Our Web Site
Facemasks are no longer required, but are recommended for all individuals.
While proof of vaccination is not required, the California Department of Public Health strongly recommends that all guests be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering theme parks. As we continue our efforts to align with the State of California’s guidance for theme parks, the Resort’s health and safety procedures may change.
LEGOLAND Vacations Ticket Holders are not required to reserve their Park attendance. All other hotel guests are still required to book a reservation in advance for their visit.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using our web site (“the Site”). By using the Site, you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Site. The Site is owned and operated by Merlin Entertainments Short Breaks LLC dba LEGOLAND® Vacations (hereafter “LEGOLAND Vacations”). Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, home personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of the Site including the text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without written permission from LEGOLAND Vacations.
II. Your Use of Information or Material Contained on the Site
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise stated and may only be used according to these Terms and Conditions. LEGOLAND Vacations does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with LEGOLAND Vacations. Images are either the property of, or used with permission by, LEGOLAND Vacations. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Completing a travel contract with LEGOLAND VACATIONS in no way conveys any license or permission to use any copyrighted or trademarked images, photos, brand names, logos, etc.
- LEGOLAND Vacations uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site. However, LEGOLAND Vacations makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. LEGOLAND Vacations assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of the Site.
- Your use of and browsing in the Site is at your risk. Neither LEGOLAND Vacations nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that not all jurisdictions allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the exclusions described may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. LEGOLAND Vacations also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
III. Purchases from the Site
A. Theme Park Admission Tickets and Vouchers
1. Theme park admission tickets and vouchers purchased on the Site cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon, offer, promotion, voucher or exchanged for cash. Admission tickets and vouchers purchased for LEGOLAND California Resort are only redeemable at LEGOLAND California, LEGOLAND California Water Park, and SEA LIFE Aquarium Carlsbad, respectively. Admission tickets and vouchers purchased for LEGOLAND Florida Resort are only redeemable at LEGOLAND Florida, LEGOLAND Florida Water Park, and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando, respectively. Similarly, admission tickets and vouchers purchased for LEGOLAND New York Resort are only redeemable at LEGOLAND New York. The operator of the LEGOLAND California Resort, the operator of the LEGOLAND Florida Resort, and the operator of the LEGOLAND New York Resort respectively reserve the right to alter, close or remove goods, services, and attractions without prior notice for technical, operational or other reasons, and no refunds will be given in those circumstances. The operator of the LEGOLAND California Resort, the operator of the LEGOLAND Florida Resort, and the operator of the LEGOLAND New York Resort also respectively reserve the right to refuse entry to their facilities under circumstances they deem appropriate.
MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS SHORT BREAKS, LLC. DBA: LEGOLAND VACATIONS FLORIDA is registered with the State of Florida as a Seller of Travel. Registration No. ST40684
2. LEGOLAND Vacations Gift Vouchers: Vouchers are only redeemable for LEGOLAND Vacations hotel or hotel and ticket packages; cannot be redeemed for standalone tickets, retail, or other products. The voucher value does not expire. Vouchers are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and any unused value cannot be exchanged for cash. Vouchers are only redeemable at LEGOLAND California. The operator of the LEGOLAND California Resort reserves the right to alter, close or remove goods, services, and attractions without prior notice for technical, operational, or other reason. No refunds will be given in those circumstances.
B. Hotel Bookings
1. Making Your Booking: Hotel bookings must be reserved with a credit card. The credit card holder must be authorized to make the booking in accordance with these Terms and Conditions by all persons named in the booking and by the parent or guardian of all party members who are under the age of 18 at the time the booking is made. The credit card holder is responsible for making all payments when due. The credit card holder must be at least 21 years of age when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the Site. At the end of the purchase process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our Terms and Conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a confirmation number, and we will reconfirm your purchase by email. The confirmation will be sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of purchase. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you. Your email confirmation will serve as proof of payment of that portion of your booking required to be paid at the time of reservation.
2. Payment: The payment of the total price of the trip will be due according to the payment terms disclosed at the time of booking. LEGOLAND Vacations will accept credit card payments for reservations made online and by telephone. Customers may use VISA, Mastercard, American Express or Discover cards for payment. Payments will be debited against the account according to the option chosen at the time of booking. LEGOLAND Vacations will not be responsible for any expenses arising in conjunction with credit card payments. All payments shall be made in US Dollars.
2.1. The prices quoted for travel services are final and include all applicable taxes. Prices quoted under promotional campaigns include all relevant reductions. After a booking has been processed, additional discounts or other price reductions will not be granted.
2.2. LEGOLAND Vacations reserves the right to cancel reservations due to lack of valid credit card and/or deposit.
3. Your Contract: A binding contract between the purchaser and LEGOLAND Vacations comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a confirmation number. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by California state law.
3.1 The exact scope of the contractually agreed services is defined by the service descriptions provided at the time of booking and in the booking confirmation. LEGOLAND Vacations agrees to inform the customer immediately about any service changes or deviations. If warranted by circumstances, LEGOLAND Vacations may offer the customer the option of changing his/her booking or withdrawing from the contract free of charge.
3.2 Tickets to a theme park included in a travel package only entitle the holder to make use of the goods, services, and attractions included in the travel package purchased. There may be additional charges for other goods, services, and attractions not included in the travel package purchased. The purchase of tickets to a theme park does not guarantee that all goods, services, and attractions advertised by the operator of the theme park will be available at the time of entry. Any goods, services, or attractions expected to remain unavailable for prolonged periods are normally identified in postings at the park gate. In some cases, goods, services, or attractions that are temporarily unavailable will be identified by the operator of the theme park at the location where the goods, services, or attractions would normally be available. Availability of goods, services, or attractions may depend on guest demand.
3.3 Customers who have booked a package which includes admission tickets will be required to furnish printed tickets at the park gate for entry. In the absence of printed tickets, the operator of the theme park may either require a supplementary payment or refuse admission. Please check your confirmation email carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
3.4 Customers who have booked accommodation services with a LEGOLAND Vacations hotel partner are entitled to make use of all services offered by the hotel, except those for which the hotel requires additional payment.
3.5 Only those persons expressly named in the contract with LEGOLAND Vacations may utilize the accommodations purchased by the customer. LEGOLAND Vacations reserves the right to charge the customer for any additional amounts demanded by its hotel partner due to a violation of this rule.
3.6 You will not be entitled to a refund or prorata reimbursement for goods or services purchased on the Site which you fail to use, absent fault on the part of LEGOLAND Vacations, or the provider of the goods or services purchased.
3.7 Should one or more contract provisions prove unenforceable, the enforceability of the contract as a whole shall not be affected thereby.
3.8 In the event you are dissatisfied with any products or services purchased from LEGOLAND Vacations, we ask that you contact us as soon as reasonably possible by telephone or email using the contact information listed below. LEGOLAND Vacations will use its best efforts to rectify the situation in the manner it deems appropriate. LEGOLAND Vacations may remedy the problem by providing you with another service of equal value.
4. The Cost of your Reservation: We are committed to providing great value offers on accommodation packages. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may vary. The price of your booking(s) will be confirmed at the time of purchase. We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. A total price of your reservation will be given before you confirm your purchase which you may accept or not. All prices include tax.
5. Changes or Cancellations by You: Once a confirmation number has been issued, reservation changes or cancellations will be subject to the policies in place at the time of your reservation.
5.1 If a customer has chosen to include the Trip Protection Plan option, cancellation and/or reservation changes may be made no later than 4 P.M. EST, 5 days prior to arrival. If cancellation occurs more than 5 days prior to scheduled arrival date, then deposit is refunded, less the full Trip Protection Plan fee. If cancellation occurs less than 5 days prior to scheduled arrival date, then all monies are forfeited. No modifications are allowed within 5 days of arrival.
5.2 If a customer has not chosen to include the Trip Protection Plan option, no cancellations, changes or refunds are allowed. If cancellation occurs more than 5 days prior to scheduled arrival date, then deposit is forfeited. If cancellation occurs less than 5 days prior to scheduled arrival date, then total reservation amount is forfeited.
5.3 Service changes that have been accepted by LEGOLAND Vacations may lead to an increase in the total price. Any such additional amounts will be due as described in Section III(B)(2), above.
5.4 The date of cancellation is the date on which the customer’s notice of cancellation is received by LEGOLAND Vacations.
5.5 If a customer breaches his/her travel contract by failing to show on the scheduled arrival date, LEGOLAND Vacations will be entitled to compensation in the amount of the agreed price of the travel arrangements made, as well as for any advances made on behalf of the customer.
6. Changes or Cancellations by Us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after purchases have been confirmed and cancel confirmed purchases and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
Bookings with Trip Protection Plan or Flexible Cancellation:
(a) Accepting the changed arrangements;
(b) Rescheduling to a later date without penalty; or
(c) Accepting the cancellation, in which case you will receive a full refund minus the non-refundable Trip Protection Plan or Flexible Cancellation fee.
Bookings without Trip Protection Plan or Flexible Cancellation or that have Peace of Mind Policy:
(a) Accepting the changed arrangements; or
(b) Rescheduling to a later date without penalty.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
LEGOLAND Vacations reserves the right to cancel reservations due to lack of valid credit card and/or deposit.
LEGOLAND Vacations may terminate a travel contract without notice if a customer persists in interfering with the performance of a trip following a written warning. LEGOLAND Vacations also reserves the right to terminate a travel contract immediately, without warning, under circumstances that LEGOLAND Vacations deems to be so severe that immediate termination is justified. In all such instances, LEGOLAND Vacations reserves its right to receive full payment for the booking regardless of the termination.
A. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in Section IV(B) below) as a result of, "force majeure." "Force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
B. Our Liability to You:
(1) We promise to make sure that the arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. (2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
• the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the customer(s) or any member(s) of the customer’s party;
• the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party; or
• a “force majeure”' event as defined in Section III(B)(7) above.
(3) We also will not be responsible for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised by us on the Site and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(4) We cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(5) You must provide us and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
C. Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to an attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must also write to our Guest Services Team at the address listed below within 28 days of the end of the visit to the attraction, giving your confirmation number and full details of your complaint.
D. Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons are normally in good health and able to fulfill the physical demands of the visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
E. Conditions of Suppliers: Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
F. Special Requests and Medical Problems: Any special requests must be made at the time of booking. While LEGOLAND Vacations and its partners endeavor to meet their customers' requests as whenever possible, we cannot guarantee the desired outcome. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
G. Call Monitoring and Recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
H. Directions: Please make sure you have directions to the accommodation listed on your booking confirmation. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up-to-date map.
I. Parking: Parking is always at the vehicle owner's risk.
J. Privacy: Any and all data communicated by the customer will be handled and processed by LEGOLAND Vacations in conformance with applicable data privacy regulations.
K. Court of Jurisdiction: The contractual and legal relations between the customer and LEGOLAND Vacations shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of California and the laws of the United States of America. Any litigation, action or proceeding arising from your contract with us shall be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts residing in San Diego County, California and by entering into a contract with us you submit to the jurisdiction of those courts.
LEGOLAND Vacations Corporate Office
One LEGOLAND Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
California: (833) 710-5346