LEGO® NINJAGO® World Lets Kids ‘Become the Ninja’ in Exciting New Theme Park Land at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort Print
- Hi-res images: http://bit.ly/2efVQV8 (password: legoland11)
- Video b-roll: http://bit.ly/2jzp3MD
- Download PDF
- En español (PDF)
- Em português (PDF)
Groundbreaking Interactive Ride Highlights Immersive Expansion Area at Multi-Day Vacation Destination #BuiltForKids
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. — Kids can “become the ninja” in their very own LEGO® NINJAGO® [NIN-JAH-GO] adventure when they enter a magical, martial arts kingdom now open at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort.
LEGO NINJAGO World adds an immersive land filled with several hands-on, outdoor activities where kids can sharpen their ninja skills before the ultimate showdown on LEGO NINJAGO The Ride, a dazzling new attraction that blends 3D computer animation, “4D” special effects such as heat, fog and strobe lighting, and groundbreaking interactive technology never seen outside a LEGOLAND theme park.
Inspired by the popular LEGO building sets and the “LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu” TV show, LEGO NINJAGO World puts guests at the center of the action in lots of fun ways:
- LEGO NINJAGO The Ride – A state-of-the-art “dark ride” where guests score points using ninja hand moves to blast animated fireballs, lightning and more at waves of 3D villains. Children under 48 inches tall must ride with a responsible person 48 inches or taller who can ensure their safety.
- Zane’s Temple Build – A LEGO building experience where kids can contribute to a giant model of the mountaintop NINJAGO monastery with bins of loose LEGO bricks.
- Kai’s Spinners – Master the ancient art of Spinjitzu at these twirling, whirling, single-child platforms; recommended for ages 5-12.
- Cole’s Rock Climb – A horizontal, right-to-left climbing wall to test kids’ strength and endurance; recommended for ages 2-12.
- Jay’s Lightning Drill – Practice precision and reflexes by pressing as many light-up targets as possible in 30-second sessions; recommended for ages 2-12.
The lushly landscaped area also features large LEGO models of LEGO NINJAGO heroes, Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, Nya [NEE-AH] and Master Wu, daily meet-and-greet opportunities with sibling ninja Kai and Nya, and Wu’s Warehouse, a themed retail shop filled with LEGO NINJAGO building sets, children’s apparel, costumes, books, souvenirs and more.
KIDZ BOP, the No. 1 music brand for kids, recently joined with LEGOLAND Florida Resort to create an exclusive music video for the high-energy “LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu” theme song, “The Weekend Whip,” which is available on the official KIDZ BOP YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/KidzBopKids) at https://youtu.be/-60E3TVRKsc.
In the video, The KIDZ BOP Kids are joined by Kai and Nya while demonstrating five signature ninja hand moves kids can use to defeat villains and capture a high score on LEGO NINJAGO The Ride:
- The Cobra: Hold your fingers like a snake’s head, then strike your arm forward.
- Chops of Fury: Hold both hands in front of you, palms facing, and do quick karate chops.
- The Fireball Flinger: Clench your hand into a fist, then thrust your arm forward while opening your fingers.
- The Lightning Strike: Hold your arm at a slant and chop.
- The Shuriken [SHUR-IH-KEN] Shuffle: Hold both hands in front of you, palms down, with your arms bent so they touch your chest. Chop outwards repeatedly.
The adventure continues Sept. 22, when Warner Bros. Pictures releases “The LEGO NINJAGO Movie,” a full-length motion picture from the same producers behind 2014’s smash hit “The LEGO Movie™” and featuring the voices of Jackie Chan, Michael Peña, Dave Franco, Abbi Jacobson and Olivia Munn.
Announced in March 2016, LEGO NINJAGO World continues the largest period of growth and expansion in the five-year history of LEGOLAND Florida Resort.
Since opening Oct. 15, 2011, the multi-day vacation destination has added LEGOLAND Water Park (May 2012), LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Model Display (November 2012), LEGO World of Chima™ (July 2013), DUPLO® Valley (May 2014), LEGOLAND Hotel (May 2015), Heartlake City (June 2015), “The LEGO Movie 4D A New Adventure” (January 2016), Creative Cove/Build-A-Boat (March 2016) and a life-size LEGO replica of the very first Ford Mustang model (October 2016).
Guests can enjoy more than 50 rides, shows and attractions inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands at the place where #AwesomeAwaits, including experiences based on “The LEGO Movie,” LEGO NINJAGO, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™, LEGO City, LEGO Technic and LEGO Friends.
For more information about visiting LEGOLAND Florida Resort, including savings on advance purchase of admission tickets, multi-tier annual passes, educational programs, services for guests with disabilities, VIP Experiences, Premium Upgrades, military discounts, on-site accommodations and much more, visit www.LEGOLAND.com/florida.