What changes to expect when you arrive at our Theme Park, Water Park & Aquarium
Cleaning, Cleaning and WAY More Cleaning:
We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, LEGO® Bricks, ride restraints, door handles and more.
More Locations for Super-Clean Hands:
We have introduced a large number of hygiene stations/hand sanitizer dispensers around the Resort for guests to use and included these locations in our mobile app so they are easy to find.
Check Out Our Shiny New Signs:
You will notice new information signage around the Resort that includes key safety messages and instructions so keep an eye out for them!
Extra-Super-Safety Checks Required:
- Non-invasive temperature checks are required for all guests, including children, and Model Citizens (employees) before entering the park
- Families or parties that include persons with an elevated temperature (at 100º F or above) will not be admitted
- Height checks for all of our rides and attractions will be conducted at the Front Gate and kids with some room still to grow will receive a wristband to indicate which rides they are eligible to ride.
Make it a Masquerade:
All guests are required to wear face coverings for the duration of their stay in the Resort, except while dining, swimming or splashing in our Water Parks. The following are also exempt from this requirement:
- Children under the age of 2
- Persons who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- Guests who cannot wear a facial covering for medical, mental health or disability reasons - a letter will need to be presented from a Medical Doctor or qualified health care professional exempting them from this requirement in order for these guests to enter into and remain in the Resort.
- All guests who present a letter from a Medical Doctor or qualified health care professional with regard to the inability to wear a facial covering will be issued a wristband to wear and clearly display during their stay at the Resort.
See our face coverings FAQs for more information on these requirements.
For more information on these guidelines, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
Social Distancing & Leaving Room to Play:
- We have introduced new measures to encourage and maintain social distancing within our attraction queues and other areas around the Theme Park and Water Park
- Clear markers have been installed throughout our Resort to help guests keep six (6) feet of distance between groups
- Our Model Citizens will also monitor the queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained
- We will also be working on creating this safe space on our attractions which will include empty rows and/or leaving empty seats between guests in ride vehicles
- We have also introduced new arrangements to maintain social distancing in our dining areas
- Tables and chairs have been reconfigured to ensure distance between seated parties and outdoor seating is also available throughout our Theme Park, Water Park and Aquarium.
Shop & Dine Like a VIP:
There will be limited capacity for our indoor stores, restaurants, Guest Services buildings, etc. to help maintain social distancing. Self-service buffets have also been reconfigured to reduce the number of high-frequency touch points.
Safe to Splash:
It is considered safe to catch a wave at our water park, with our normal water safety & quality checks, and there will be special consideration for maintaining 6 ft of space to play and wearing masks (when not wet) to follow the CDC’s safety guidelines. We will also be sanitizing all water tubes & life jackets between uses as well as the high-frequency touchpoints in our water park on a regular basis.
Some Locations are on Time-Out:
Certain areas, water fountains, restaurants, stores or attractions in the Theme Park, Water Park and Aquarium may be temporarily suspended during your visit as a part of these safety measures and to help maintain social distancing. All LEGO brick pits have been removed from common play areas to reduce cross-contamination.
Click here to see a full list of ride closures upon reopening.
Our Safety Becomes Yours:
To keep our Model Citizens safe so they can help keep you & your family safe, we have installed new hygiene screens at many of our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees, introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements that include face masks, disposable gloves, hygiene guidelines, training and more.
Rainy Days (They Go Away):
It rarely rains in Southern California! When it does, there will be a notice & information in the mobile app about where the covered areas are in the parks that guests can experience and we encourage all guests to wear masks (when not wet) and try to maintain 6 feet of distance between their party and others while they wait out the storm around the park.
Download LEGOLAND California's new health & safety measures.
For more on the most recent CDC and State of California guidelines, visit:
Anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledges that they do so at their own risk.